Barry is an experienced leader with over 20 years of pharmaceutical experience. In 2004, Barry co-founded Rx Development Resources, LLC, an ophthalmic CRO that later became Sirion Therapeutics, Inc, a successful ophthalmic pharmaceutical company. Barry served as President and CEO of Sirion until its sale in 2010. Prior to founding Sirion, Barry held numerous commercial leadership positions at AcSentient, Bausch & Lomb and Glaxo, Inc. Barry holds a bachelor’s degree in finance from The University of Alabama and a Master of Business Administration degree from City University of Seattle.
- Raised over $100 million in venture capital
- Negotiated successful exits at Sirion and AcSentient that each produced significant profit for investors
- Identified and in-licensed five pharmaceutical products that have received FDA approval since 2000
- Served as first Global Category Leader for Pharmaceuticals at Bausch & Lomb
- Built first global strategy team at Bausch & Lomb Pharmaceuticals
- Participated in 8 pharmaceutical launches, including direct management of two product launches